The US has said no American troops or officials will be held responsible for a drone attack that killed 10 people in Afghanistan in August.
The attack came in the final days of the US-led evacuation of Kabul after the Taliban took control.
One helper and nine family members, including seven children, died in the strike.
The US secret service assumed that the helper’s car was connected to IS-K, a local branch of the Islamic State.
But in the years that followed, United States Central Command’s General Kenneth McKenzie described the August 29 attack as a “tragic mistake”.
Who are IS-K?
Interpreter who helped save Biden leaves Afghanistan
A high-level internal review released last month found that no disciplinary action is required as no law has been violated and there has been no evidence of wrongdoing or negligence.
Several US media reported that Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin approved the review on Monday.
The attack came days after a suicide bomber killed up to 170 civilians and 13 US soldiers outside Kabul airport.
US forces had attacked a car belonging to unskilled worker Zamairi Ahmadi, and the attack began when he pulled into the driveway of his home, 2 miles from the airport.
The vehicle had been seen in IS-K affiliated premises and its movements coincided with other information about the terrorist group’s plans for another attack.
The explosion sparked a second explosion, which US officials initially said was evidence that the car was indeed carrying explosives. However, an investigation found that it was most likely caused by a propane tank in the driveway.